Saturday, February 12, 2011

Time Flies....What an Understatement!

Oh HEL-LO!  It's been many months since my last post - and so much has happened, which I will not record in this one post - we had a wonderful fall and holiday season - despite the fact that we were unable to go to Houston in December.  I last wrote before Halloween, then my mom came to visit and spend Halloween with us, which was awesome.  Cold but awesome!  Then I took Beckett to Houston in early November to see my very best friend Kenna and her younger son Liam (they were visiting Grandma Joy from San Rafael, CA).  Dean and Alicia came from Austin that weekend as well - just to see Beckett, which meant a lot to us. 

We all went back for Thanksgiving, and Aaron (brother) and Emily came too - which was great because Beckett totally loves them (and everyone in Houston, frankly).  Then we hunkered down and just tried to enjoy the month of December here.  We missed our family but we made it a good Christmas for Beckett.  She's very into Disney Pixar movies, like Cars and all Toy Story movies, but in December it was all about Cars and "Speedy" Lightning McQueen. She really cleaned up - 2 "Speedy" toddler bed sets, big "race car" blanket, Speedy slippers, Speedy pajamas, Speedy Legos - plus tons of other Cars stuff from other friends and family.  And Santa brought her a small bike with trainers.  She rides it around the house and we can't wait for her to get to try it outside.  Of course, there is 3 feet of snow out there right now.... man I can't wait for March or April!  But then just saying that will make the time fly again - which I frankly don't need!  She's growing too fast - it's so wonderful yet so sad - I already miss that precious baby! 

We're doing well but about to embark on some major changes - again - I have left the Erie Times-News and joined the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette!  I have a really neat position that focuses on revenue development of digital marketing products - the new things that are in development and not really considered traditional online products in media.  I'm also getting to employ my marketing and creative skills by developing and executing marketing plans around some of the new products.  I have just started and am working part time from home while we make the transition from Erie to Pittsburgh - which will likely happen by the end of this month - yes, in like 3 weeks.  So time will fly yet again as we find a new home, pack up, move, get Beckett in daycare - all while I attend 2 conferences and hopefully make a trip to Houston in late March!

I hope to write posts much more often - and write ones that maintain a certain level of depth that relates back to my topic "Now I Get It" - this is just a quick post that summarizes so much activity in 3 and 1/2 months - yet it also touches on how time flies - and that IS an understatement.  Everyone told me - how time flies when you have kids - of course, only NOW do I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment - I will reply, if warranted, as soon as possible!